Much ago, Gmail launched a feature named “Undo send” . It is a feature of the Gmail Labs. Gmail Labs has many cool features, some are for fun and some are really very useful. So, one of the feature, Undo Send, allows us to undo the sent email even after 30 seconds of pressing the send button. So isn’t that cool. If you pressed the send button and later on notice that you made a mistake or wanted to alter something , then you can straight away press the Undo button and the email will be saved in the Drafts folder.
Steps to activate the undo send feature in Gmail :
1. Press the wheel type icon on the top-right of the Gmail page and select Mail settings.
2. Select Labs Tab on the Settings page.
3. Write “Undo” in the search box , then mark the enable button in front of Undo Send feature and finally click on Save Changes.
4. Now try to compose an email.
5. As soon as you click the send button you will notice a pop-up as shown below with an “Undo” button.
6. You can press the undo button and your email will get saved in the drafts folder. This undo button will remain on the screen for 5, 10, 20 or 30 seconds, according to your settings which you can define in settings . For that repeat the step 1 and in the General tab scroll down to “Undo Send:” and select the time you want the “Undo” button to stay on the screen and then click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.